Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Urban Decay Oz The Glinda Palette Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope today is treating you well!  We made it half way through the week!  Today, I wanted to share with you a makeup palette I bought a few weeks ago during the Urban Decay Friends and Family Sale and really am loving!  I'm talking about the Oz palette in Glinda:

 Above:  Front of packaging
 Above:  Back of Packaging
 Above:  Front of card insert
Above: Back of Card Insert
Above:  Eyeshadow Palette with eyeliner

The Glinda palette has some really gorgeous packaging!  The palette itself comes in the box you see above that has all the colors on the outside.  It also comes with an insert that tells you how to get Michelle Williams look from the movie!  All of the swatches you see below are dry on dry skin on the top and over primer on the bottom.  I swatched all of these for you so now, without further ado, on to the makeup!

Above:  Tornado

First up is Tornado, a rich deep purple with an almost eggplant like look.   There is definitely a lot of red to this shade and is has a shimmery finish.  The pigmentation on this was great and it applied really well both on its own and over primer.  I really liked the color pay off and very easy to use.


Above:  Aura

Aura is 2 eyeshadows in one!  One of them (the top picture) is a white with blue iridescence and the other is white with a pink iridescence.  These are really pretty for highlighting but they aren't as pigmented as many of the others in the collection so you need to use a bit more.

Above:  Magic

Magic is a nice medium pink shade with golden shimmer to it that gives it a very glowy look on the skin.  the color payoff was ok, I found I had to use a bit more of this than with most of my Urban Decay shadows but since I really don't own any pink, I like it!

Above:  Illusion

Illusion is a warm champagne color that almost looks peachy on my super white skin.  It's a really pretty highlighting color because it's so easy to apply and has a great shimmer to it!  This was one of my favorites of this collection and very easy to use.


Above:  Oz

Oz is like Aura in that it has 2 colors in one!  The first is a bright warm yellow gold that's full of micro glitters.  There is definitely some fall out for this one but it's really fun and bright!  There is also a lot of pigmentation to this so it really pops on the eyes.  The other shade is a bright silver with a little bit of micro glitter but not as much as the gold shade.  This had less fall out and was easy to apply.

Above:  South

South is somewhere between a grey and a brown with tons of shimmer that is absolutely beautiful.  I love how shimmery this shade is and it applies so easily with virtually no fall out.

Above:  Rockstar Eyeliner

Rockstar Eyeliner is a dark eggplant purple with a little bit of sheen to it that comes in a pencil form.  It's really pretty for a little pop of color and lasts a really long time on me!


Above:  Glinda

Glinda is a saturated pencil that is a rose tone with golden shimmer to it.  It's somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick because it comes in a pencil and isn't fully opaque but still has a decent color pay off.  This lasted about 6 hours on me before I needed to reapply.

Here is a look I did using the Glinda Palette today:



For my eyes today first I started with UD Shadow Primer Potion and then put south across my lids.  Then I used Illusion from the crease up to the brow bone and put a bit of Tornado in the actual crease.  I then used the blue part of Aura on my brow bone and the inner corner of my eyes to make them pop!  Then I used 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion on my upper lid and Rockstar pencil on my lower lid.  I finished it all off with Big Fatty Mascara!


So there you have it!  The Urban Decay Glinda Palette.  I was hesitant by all the light colors and the pinks and purples at first because I'm more of a neutral eye, bright lip kind of gal but I ended up really liking it!  I'm enjoying playing with different colors and I'm glad I bought the palette!

What did you think of this palette?  Must Have?  Any Dupes?  How would you wear it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...