Friday, March 1, 2013

Illamasqua I'MPERFECTION Nail Polish Swatches and Review! Plus a look into the minds of Illamasqua!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday to you all!  Today, I have a post I'm really excited about to show you!  Illamasqua just launched their I'MPERFECTION collection which stems from the idea that it's our imperfections that make us who we are and we shouldn't try to cover them up, but rather embrace and showcase them.
 


Today I'm going to show you the 5 nail polishes from this collection plus some pictures from a fabulous event I was invited to attend with Illamasqua where I got to be used as a model to show off a cool speckled eyeliner technique!  Just so you know, I put a top coat on for each swatch because otherwise the glitters can make them a bit rough.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Fragile with Top Coat
Above:  Macro shot of Fragile in the bottle

First up we have Fragile, a gorgeous robin's egg blue full of at least three different sized matte black glitters.  This is one of the ones from this collection that actually looks like a birds egg.  It's very delicate in color but then the black gives it a great edge.  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and very easy to get the glitters out.


Above:  2 coats of Freckle with top coat
Above:  Macro shot of Freckle in the bottle

I was really on the fence about Freckle when I first saw it but I think it ended up being my favorite in the bunch because it's so unique.  According to David Horne, Director of New Product Development and School of Make Up Artistry for Illamasqua, Freckle was the inspiration behind this entire collection and that inspiration came from a piece of rotting cardboard on the street.  Kind of an odd place to find inspiration but that's what makes Illamasqua such a unique company.  This shade is a darker nude, almost a dark beige full of the three different sized black matte glitters.  The formula was great, easy to use and two coats to be opaque.


Above:  2 coats of Mottle with Top Coat

Above:  Macro shot of Mottle in the bottle

I instantly loved Mottle because it looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream and that's one of my all time favorites.  I also love mottle because it's a gorgeous mint green shade that is a tad more blue based so it doesn't bring out the yellow in my skin.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to get the glitters out.


Above:  2 coats of Scarce with Top Coat
Above:  Macro bottle shot of Scarce

Scarce is a baby pink creme full of the same three sizes of black matte glitters.  This was probably my least favorite of the bunch but only because I'm not really a pink kind of girl.  However if you are, then this one is perfect!  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and the glitter was easy to get out.


Above:  2 coast of Speckle with Top Coat
 
Above:  Macro bottle shot of Speckle

Last but certainly not least is Speckle, a gorgeous lavender creme with the same three sizes of matte black glitters in it.  I love that this one is completely wearable for work while still maintaining a cool edge.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to get the glitter out.

All in all, I was really impressed by this collection.  As a blogger, I've seen a lot of milky polishes with glitters and lots of times they get clumped or thick easily.  These applies like normal polish and while they look sheer at one coat, they build up to full opacity in two.

Now right before these were released to the public, I was invited to a press event with David Horne, the Director of New Product Development and School of Make Up Artistry for Illamasqua and Joshua Heald, Illamasqua US Brand Ambassador to discuss the entire new I'MPERFECTION collection.  Here are some pictures from that night in case you missed them on Instagram:


 
Above:  The displays for the I'MPERFECTION Collection
 

Above:  David Horne showing how to do the speckled eyeliner in the new advertisements on me (they now have a full tutorial on their website.)  - Photo Courtesy of The Beauty Gnome

 Above:  Joshua Heald doing my eye on the other side.  Photo Courtesy of Miss Merli

 Above:  The finished product of the winged speckled eyeliner

Above:  My Illamasqua Galaxy nails I did for the event and Joshua Heald's nails which are Viridian with Smash layered on top with an accent of Mottle on top of Viridian.

So there you have it!  Speckled nail polish, speckled eyeliner and some fun pictures!  I hope you enjoyed this incredibly long post today!

What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

Some of The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

7 comments:

  1. I love these polishes! Your makeup looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look gorgeous! I love your galaxy nails too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eyeliner! Your nails look amazing too. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly, I love these swatches!! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. The polishes look so pretty! like easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the speckled eyeliner! Can't wait for my friend to bring back the nail polishes for me :3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...