Monday, March 4, 2013

OPI Euro Centrale Spring 2013 Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday to you all!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  I myself was very busy but all good things on the horizon for me!  Today, I want to share with you an awesome Spring collection!


The OPI Euro Centrale Collection was officially released last month and is their Spring 2013 collection!  It's full of some really interesting shades for Spring so now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  3 thin coats of A Woman's Prague-Ative

A Woman's Prague-Ative is a gorgeous almost burnt orange/copper base that's full of gold shimmer.  It almost looks like a glass fleck at first glance.  I just love how vibrant and shimmer it is.  The formula was a bit sheer so I used three thin coats for full opacity.


Above:  2 coats of Don't Touch My Czechbook

I have to admit, this name cracks me up.  Don't Touch My Czechbook is a pretty slightly green leaning aqua creme polish.  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats and easy to use.



Above:  3 thin coats of Eurso Euro

Eurso Euro is a deep indigo blue creme.  I say indigo because there is definitely a hint of purple here.  The formula was a bit thin and after 2 coats it was a bit patchy so I used a third to even it out.




Above:  2 coats of Hands off my Kielbasa
 
Hands off my Kielbasa is somewhere between a pink, a tan and a salmon color that's full of an almost silvery shimmer.  Yes I know that's convoluted but it's hard to describe!  It's a little pink and a little frosty for my taste.  The formula was ok, opaque in 2 coats.
 
 


Above:  3 coats of I Saw,...U Saw,...We Saw,... Warsaw

Ok I just can't type that name out again!  This polish is a dark blue creme, a little more green leaning than the indigo of Eurso Euro.  The formula was a bit thin on this one so I found three thin coats gave me full opacity whereas 2 normal coats were a bit patchy!



Above:  2 coats of My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours

My Paprika is Hotter than Yours is an orangey/pink leaning red.  Yes I know that also sounds complicated but depending on the light that's how it looks!  There is also the tiniest hint of a hidden silver shimmer to it that comes out in direct light.  Basically, this is a perfect summer pedicure color!  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats and easy to use.



Above:  2 coats of My Vampire is Buff

My Vampire is Buff is a yellow leaning nude so it doesn't look so great on my hands.  However if you are not as yellow toned as me, I pet it's really pretty!  The formula was really good for a light creme as it was opaque in 2 coats.


Above:  1 coat of Oy Another Polish Joke over I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw

Oy Another Polish Joke is so sheer that I thought it best to show you how it would look layered!  I layered it over a dark blue and it was just gorgeous the depth I ended up getting from it. 



Above:  OPI Polka Dot Com over You're Such a Budapest

Polka Dot Com is a fun aqua, blue and hot pink hex glitter with small blue glitters in a clear base.  It was actually really easy to use and a ton of glitter comes out!  The formula was great, really easy to work with for a glitter topper.



Above:  2 coats of Suzi's Hungary Again

Suzi's Hungary Again is a bright poppy pink that has a bit of hidden silver shimmer to it!  This is a really fun color for Spring.  The formula was really good, opaque in 2 coats and really bright!


Above:  2 coats of Vant To Bite My Neck?

Vant To Bite My Neck is a gorgeous deep vibrant purple.  It almost looks black but not quite!  The formula was great, practically a one coater but I added a second for good measure.


Above:  2 coats of You're Such a Budapest

You're Such a Budapest is a really pretty very light purple that's a bit blue leaning full of a nice silver hidden shimmer.  The formula was great for such a light color, completely opaque in 2 coats.


All in all, I think this was a really interesting Spring showing from OPI because it had so many dark colors you would usually put in a fall collection!  But I love that about it, it was so unexpected!  I also really enjoyed the slight hidden shimmers that several of these had, it gives the polish a little something extra when it's out in the daylight.  The polishes are available now for $8.50 each wherever OPI is sold.


What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

5 comments:

  1. Ha, I love Don't Touch My Czechbook.. colour and name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! I chose to purchase half of this collection. I'm yet done swatching and in love with the awesome formula of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the most unique color from this collection is Eurso Euro. Love that its both blue AND purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is actually called can't find my czechbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the whole collection except for "Oy another Polish joke" because I dont really like sheer polishes and the color didnt appeal to me. However, not that I see it over black, think I may need it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...