Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Make Up Forever Diamond Powder in Baby Mauve 14 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you're all having a lovely day so far!  Today, I have a gorgeous product to share with you!  Make Up Forever is a brand that I first heard of due to my obsession with the SyFy channel show Face Off and they make amazing theatrical makeup.  They also sell consumer products at Sephora and I've bought a couple and so far, they are all phenomenal.  Now, without further ado, on to the diamond powder!



According to the Sephora Website, "Diamond Powder combines both the pearly iridescence of Star Powder and the brightness of Glitter. It is almost entirely composed of pure synthetic mother-of-pearl. The particles are finer and literally radiate extreme brilliance as soon as they are applied."  You can see how glittery it is just from the inside of the jar.  Now these jars are very tiny and hold 0.7oz of product but a little bit goes a LONG way.

Above:  Top Diamond Powder dry on dry skin, bottom diamond powder applied with a wet brush

Now I tried this out a few different way.  First, I wanted to see what would happen if you just tried to apply the Diamond Powder dry to dry skin.  As you can see from the top, it didn't go so well because the particles had nothing to grab on to.  On the bottom, I wet my makeup brush first and then applied it to dry skin and it definitely shows up more, but still needs something better to grab on to.

Above:  Diamond Powder over nude shadow primer

So then I decided to try it over a shadow primer.  Now you can see how really gorgeous this product is. It's a light purple with iridescent flecks to it and almost holographic looking glitters.  It's simply beautiful.  Even just a light wash of it like this throws light in all directions and it just glows off my skin.  Plus the primer made it much easier to apply because it actually had something to stick to.

Above:  Diamond Powder over Aqua Cream 13 Warm Beige

Lastly I decided to try it with one of my other Make Up Forever products that I love, Aqua Cream which I have in 13 Warm Beige which is a champagne color.  This really made the diamond powder pop!  You can see the purple shade to it here and all the shimmer just blends together so well.  I loved it so much that I actually did a look with it today:




For this look I used the Aqua Cream in 12 Warm Beige all over my entire eye.  Then I dabbed on some of the Diamond Powder in Baby Mauve just on the eyelid to give some sparkle.  Next I added a bit of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze in the crease.  Then I used Make Up Forever Star Powder in 942 which is a white with a purple iridescence at my brow bone and in the inner corners.  I finished it off with black liquid liner from Smashbox on top, Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion on the bottom and Illamasqua Masqara and voila!  My eye look from today!


This was my full look, topped off with Make Up Forever Lipstick in Moulin Rouge which is a gorgeous, long lasting red!  

All in all, I liked the Diamond Powder in Baby Mauve.  It was a little tricky for me to figure out how to use the product at first but once I figured out it needed something to stick to, it's absolutely gorgeous.  I will have to try to layer the powder on more to make a full on glitter eye for a night out but I like the subtle glimmer it gave me today.  It is a small pot but a little bit will go a long way and it's just stunning.  Diamond Powder is available in a multitude of colors for $25 at Sephora.

What did you think of the Diamond Powder?  Must Have?  Any dupes?  Have you tried it?

Some of the products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You're right, it looks like a little goes a long way. I wouldnt mind spending the money on this because it looks like it will last forever!
    Love the lipstick too btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...