Friday, March 15, 2013

Zoya Pixie Dust Collection for Spring 2013 Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I hope you are all having a wonderful week and have some good weekend plans coming up!  Today, I have one of my favorite collections from 2013 to show you!


The Zoya Pixie Dust Collection is made up of 6 different shades of matte glitter that dry to a gritty texture.  If you were following my NYFW feeds, you saw I was wearing them virtually every day!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Zoya Chyna

Chyna is by far the most sparkly of this collection and that's because there are extra red glitters in it!  I love how it's matte but kind of shiny at the same time.  It reminds me of a sparkly fruit for some reason.  The formula on this one was great, a bit thick however easy to use and just 2 coats for full opacity!


 Above:  2 coast of Dahlia

Dahlia didn't want to play nice with my camera but I think it's my favorite of the collection.  Dahlia is a jet black full of silver glitters that gives it almost a charcoal appearance.  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and minimal dragging.
 

Above:  2 coats of Godiva

Now you guys know me, I'm not a nude polish kinda girl but this is a nude I can get behind because it's so interesting!  This is a light beige, slightly yellow leaning nude pixie dust.  It has the same gritty texture and look as the rest but something about it is just so interesting!  The formula was a bit thick so I found two thin coats worked best.


 Above:  2 coats of Zoya London

London is amazing because it looks like sparkly pavement to me and I love that!  This medium grey has some silver glitter to it but the formula really does make it look like asphalt.  The formula was great on this one, opaque in 2 coats and easy to use!


 Above:  2 coats of Nyx

Nyx is a pretty cornflower blue that is a bit on the thin side.  I only used two coats and you can definitely see visible nail line so this one should be layered or worn with at least three coats.  The color is really pretty and it's very sparkly!



Above:  2 coats of Vespa

Lastly is Vespa, a light grassy green shade of pixie dust.  This is a really interesting color and I love it for Spring!  It's very light but doesn't look bad on my skin tone because it's not too yellow.  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats and easy to use.

All in all, I really love the pixie dust polishes.  I love the gritty finish but like that it's not so gritty that I find it catching on things or scratching me! The glitter mixed into it gives it a really interesting look and they are just so fun!  Here are a few more looks I did with them:

 Above:  Zoya Pixie Dust Dot Skittles over Zoya Raven

 Above:  Zoya Chyna with an accent of Dahlia
 Above:  Zoya Dahlia with Nyx layered over everything but the ring finger

Above:  Me trying the elusive model pose with my zoya dot skittles

The Zoya Pixie Dust collection is now available on their website and wherever Zoya is sold for $8 a bottle!

What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE these!! def one of my next purchases. They're not as easy for me to get since they don't ship to Canada so I have been enjoying the OPI sand arts, which I love. So, which leads me to believe I will love these just as much!
    ps. your "model pose" is awesome!:) Love that lip color!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love all of these. As soon as my money situation is a bit better they will all be mine! I can't wait to see the summer colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks so much better then other brands

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...