Thursday, May 24, 2012

BB Couture Men On Film Collection for Spring 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Thursday!  I'm posting early today because I have what is hopefully my last dentist appointment in a couple of hours!  I'm super excited about this post today because it involves a few of my favorite things:  mattes, dark polishes and movie themes!  I showed you the BB Couture Girls on Film collection a few months ago and this is the male counterpart to that.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Commando

First up is Commando, the iconic "guy" film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Yes, I had to look up how to spell his last name.  The nail polish Commando is a gorgeous dark hunter green creme.  This color just screams "camo" to me!  I love how deep it is but that it's still clearly a green.  The finish on this one is slightly matte, although not as much as some of the others in this collection.  It's a great Fall color!




Above:  2 coats of Dark Passage

Dark Passage is named after the iconic Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall film (I only know this from seeing it in a film class in college!)  The film is from 1947 but is pretty awesome!  The polish Dark Passage does not disappoint.  Dark Passage is a gorgeous chocolate brown matte polish that's packed with shimmer.  Since it's so shimmery, it looks more like a satin finish rather than a true matte but either way, it's stunning!  The formula was great on this, fully opaque in two coats and just a really rich color.




Above:  2 coats of Full Metal Jacket

Full Metal Jacket is named after one of the most insane Vietnam movies of all time directed by one of the most insane directors of all time, Stanley Kubrik.  The nail polish Full Metal Jacket is a really cool black matte polish that's packed with silver shimmer so it gives off the appearance of being dark grey.  I love this polish!  The formula was great and the satiny effect is amazing!




Above:  2 coats of Key Largo

I'm a bit embarrassed but I had to look this movie up!  Key Largo is a 1948 film noir piece that also starred Bogart and Bacall.  The nail polish Key Largo is a gorgeous shimmery light blue packed with lots of silver.  I can honestly say I don't know a dupe for this!  The satiny effect on this one is excellent and this is probably my favorite from this collection!




Above:  2 coats of Road Warrior

Road Warrior is named after Mad Max 2 starring Mel Gibson.  He's pretty icky in my opinion but luckily the nail polish is not!  Road Warrior is a jet black matte.  The cool thing about this is that the finish looks almost waxy like the Illamasqua Rubber finish polishes!  I LOVE it!  It's such an awesome take on a black polish!  The formula was almost opaque in 1 coat but I used a second for good measure.




Above:  2 coats of Top Gun

I don't care how crazy Tom Cruise gets, Top Gun will always be one of my all time favorite guilty pleasure movies!  The polish Top Gun is a gorgeous navy blue with subtle shimmer.  The finish on this one is a matte and is really pretty, great for a dark but not black look!

All in all, I loved this collection!  The formula on all of them were great, opaque in 2 coats and really rich looking.  I love the matte finishes and how the shimmers on a lot of them really give the polish depth!  BB Couture is sold on their website and I really recommend them!  Some of them aren't the most unique but a few, like Key Largo and Dark Passage are really special!

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

7 comments:

  1. I really like Dark Passage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a great autumn/winter collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Key Largo looks a little like Zoya Zuza but more blue tint. That black matte looks AWESOME too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commando is gorgeous, and anything involving Bogey & Bacall is a-ok in my book. What a fun collection (old Mel not withstanding.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Top Gun!!! I totally agree with you about Tom Cruise and Top Gun btw, and I'm loving this polish as much as I loved him in that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh! all very daring and dangerous!! btw great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...