Tuesday, May 15, 2012

ncLA Summer of 69 Nail Polish for Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a fabulous Tuesday afternoon wherever you are!  It's pretty gloomy and grey here in New York these days, the weather is just crazy lately!  So, to cheer up in this grossness, I have some fun bright new colors for you from a brand that's new to me!


ncLA is a brand out of Los Angeles that started with nail polish stickers and now have a line of nail polishes!  This is their Summer of 69 Collection which is based on all music of the 60's!  The only problem is that now I have Bryan Adams singing "Summer of '69" in my head!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Eight Days a Week

For starters, this is one of my favorite Beatles songs ever.  This is also now one of my favorite polishes ever!  Eight Days a Week is a gorgeous periwinkle blue with the slightest undertone of purple to it.  It's gorgeous!  Perfect for Spring!  Best part about it is that it was practically opaque in one coat!  The formula was superb, so easy to work with and really applied well.




Above:  3 coats of Hello, I Love You

Ok now this collection is getting a little too close to my heart.  This is my phone ring when the boyfriend calls me!  Hell, I Love You (after the iconic Doors song of course) is a really bright fuchsia.  It's so bright it's bordering on neon!  I actually thought this color was going to be a lot darker and more purple when I saw it in the bottle but on the nails it really pops!  The formula on this one was more sheer, I'm guessing due to the neon qualities, but three coats made it perfectly opaque!




Above:  2 coats of I'm With The Band

I seriously cannot get enough of these names!  I'm With The Band is a gorgeous bright shimmery coral.  It doesn't look shimmery in the bottle but on the nails, I could definitely see it!  This is a big punch of color, much brighter than many of the corals coming out so far this year!  The formula was great on this one, almost opaque in one coat but I put on a second for good measure.

All in all, I'm a fan of this collection!  Not only do I love the names of the polishes, but the bottle shape is great and the brush was very easy to use.  The formulas on I'm With The Band and Eight Days a Week was excellent although I was a bit disappointed that Hello I Love You was a bit more sheer.  I do love how saturated and pigmented these colors are.  ncLA is available at their website and are $16 each.  They are a bit pricey but the formulas on 2 out of 3 were worth it!

What do you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review.  Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

18 comments:

  1. The polishes look really pretty :) It's a pitty they don't sell it in Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are super pretty... definitely my type of colors! And I love the names. I think that's what makes them so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The names are definitely a big part of what makes them so fun!

      Delete
  3. Omg a Beatles song title! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors. I would easily pay that kind of $ for a Led Zeppelin song titled polish. Then I'd get all mad at Jimmy Page for selling out, again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Hello, I Love You! SO bright! Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors! I've been wanting to try them so bad lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick them up if you can, they are amazing!

      Delete
  7. I saw Bryan Adams open for Rod Stewart a few years ago, he played "Summer of '69" but he prefaced it by saying that it's not about the year 1969 at all... :) Pretty polishes! I will admire them on you later.

    ;*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eight Days a week is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...