Friday, May 25, 2012

Fun Friday Featuring a Holo Gradient!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I hope all the American readers are excited for a 3 day weekend!  I know I certainly am!  Today, I bring you another post that a group of us bloggers (and a few non bloggers) decided to participate in!  Today's theme was gradient nails.  As some of you may know, just last week I finally mastered the art of the gradient and I was so excited to try it again!  This time I decided to use all my untried China Glaze holographic polishes!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!








I LOVED how this came out!  I actually wore this last weekend to a big outdoor food and music festival in Brooklyn and in the sun, it was amazing!  To do this manicure, I started out with a coat of China Glaze OMG which is a beautiful silver linear holographic polish.  Then on my right hand I did a gradient using OMG and DV8 which is a teal version of OMG and on the right hand I did it with OMG and LOL which is a purple holographic.  This was so sparkly and holographic, I loved it!  I'm already planning my next holo gradient!

So there you have it, a very fun Friday featuring a holo gradient!  Don't forget to check out the rest of the lovely ladies participating below and let me know what you think of this week's Fun Friday!

31 comments:

  1. I love holos and gradients! And these colors! Beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try a holo gradient NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like holo gradients to be honest but I love seeing how people get a smooth effect with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of the polish world, we all have different taste!

      Delete
  4. Such fun colors! I have yet to try a gradient but I think it's time :) That group looks like a lot of fun. I'm always interested to see which themes you're doing. Is it a closed or public group? I'd love to join you guys and really challenge myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! It's a group of us who get together and do it but people are always welcome to include theirs if they add the link!

      Delete
  5. I <3 holo gradients. Yay you for mastering the technique! This looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you have untried China Glaze holos lol. That's just not right ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm a horrible nail polish addict! I was just waiting for the right moment!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! Still so upset that I wasn't into nails enough when OMG came out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky and got these in swaps but I'm sad I don't have all of them!

      Delete
  8. This came out great! It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, Carly I love this! Holo gradientttt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! I can't wait to try it with other colors!

      Delete
  10. Soo pretty I love making holo gradients.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...