Monday, May 14, 2012

Milani Jelly Sandwich Featuring Teal and Hot Pink!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  To start with, let me apologize again for my lack in posts.  The dentist is driving me insane!  One more appointment today and one next week and then hopefully I'm done for a LONG time!  This week it is my mission to get back into swatching even though I have a broken ring fingernail on my swatching hand!  But, for today, I have a fun jelly sandwich I did last week:

I have a new found obsession with jelly sandwiches but this one was gorgeous even before the jelly on top so I wanted to show you the glitters too!  As you can see I did my signature opposite hand manicure here but I'm only going to show you the mostly blue side in this post.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




I started with two coats of Essie Blanc for a white base and then did one coat of Milani Teal with an accent nail of Milani Hot Pink.  I love both of these glitters!  Teal is blue, teal and green large hexagonal glitters with a bit of silver mixed in and tiny little blue micro glitter.  Hot Pink is a bright pink glitter and silver glitter both that are larger hexagonal.  Both of these were in clear bases and had a lot of glitter so they were super easy to use!  I love it!



Lastly I topped the manicure with two coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu.  I love how it gives the glitter a muted look!  I really need to branch out into different colors since I keep doing white based glitter sandwiches but I love how it looks like Pop Tarts frosting!

So there you have it, a jelly glitter sandwich!  I really love how this one came out!  And I have to say, these Milani glitters really impressed me!  I love not having to fish for glitters and having them easy to use and so far, all the Milani glitters I have tried were a dream to apply!  Stay tuned this week for me to get back into swatching, a pretty awesome tutorial for Divine Caroline and the start of celebrating my one year blogging anniversary!

What did you think of this manicure?  What other color combinations would you like to see?

Some of the products in this post were provided to me for my unbiased review.

28 comments:

  1. They both make gorgeous jelly sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! That blue is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sandwiches! I was just looking at the Milani glitters last week, thinking it's high time I attempted one. I really like Teal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite of all their glitters! I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  4. These are so pretty! I need to get myself some Milani polishes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! I'm so impressed with their quality!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's really fun! the silver mixed in really makes it pop!

      Delete
  6. That teal glitter is great, totally fishscales and mermaids!
    Milkiness of tutu does dull it a bit, but it works well with some glitter types, like these.
    I like these combos, I'd like to try more bright glitter in a really dark, almost black/blue jellies... need to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like fish scales! And I agree, I need to experiement with dark jellies but first I need to buy some!

      Delete
  7. these do remind me of Pop Tarts :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great, its just a shame we can't get milani here in the UK :-( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And that is a shame! Have to find a swapping buddy in the US then!

      Delete
  9. I love the sandwich! I have to get those milani glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good idea to put a layer of Don't Tough My Tutu over the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't love sheer polishes on their own but they are fab for jelly sandwiches like this!

      Delete
  11. Pretty! I really love the green and blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's such a beautiful combination of glitters!

      Delete
  12. That is so neat! I knew I needed those Milani glitters before... and now... well, I better pick them up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so dang cute! I love jelly sammiches :) I like the look of DTMT on top

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...