Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Anselm Reyle For Dior Ultra Violet and Electric Blue Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today, I have a fun post for you about two gorgeous Dior polishes I recently bought.  But first, a story.


When I first got really into nail polish and started experimenting with more expensive brands, I saw pictures of the Anselm Reyle Collection from Dior.  They were 5 gorgeous polishes and immediately the blue and the purple jumped out at me but I just couldn't justify the price tags to myself for a creme polish.  Every couple of months I'd look at them and consider buying but never did.  Then, a few weeks ago, thanks to all you lovely lacquered lovers, my blog hit 2,000 followers!  I never thought that would happen and was so excited, I decided to treat myself to something fun so I bought myself Ultra Violet and Electric Blue.  Let's just say I should have bought them a long time ago!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Electric Blue

It's finally happened.  I found the perfect cobalt blue that doesn't stain the nails!!!  Electric Blue is a stunning bright cobalt.  This polish so pigmented and saturated that it was practically a one coater, although I wore a second coat for good measure.  It's absolutely gorgeous!  I wore this on my nails for a few days I loved it so much, and that is a rarity in my world!  And I was delighted when I took it off that it didn't stain!  The formula on this was perfect, applied so smoothly and I just love the Dior brushes!



Above:  2 coats of Ultra Violet

As you can see, my left hand has grown out enough that I can swatch on both now!  Ultra Violet is a really beautiful deep purple creme.  I will admit, I was hoping it would be a tad bit brighter and more saturated like Electric Blue was.  However this is still a gorgeous polish in its own right, a tad bit dusty and still lots of pigment to make a gorgeous purple.  The formula was fantastic, applied so well and the brush was amazing!

All in all, now I want the rest of the polishes from this collection!  The only place I've seen this collection lately is on Dior's website (and it's so funny, the inside of the box they ship it in is covered in their logo!)  These polishes retail for $23 each and Electric Blue is definitely worth it in my opinion.  I know there are lots of other cobalt blues out there, but none has the vibrancy of Electric Blue that's I've seen!  These are a win in my book!

What did you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

22 comments:

  1. You convinced me, I love Electric blue, it is the perfect cobalt blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried RBL IKB:2012? I'm curious how Electric Blue compares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST got it today so I will compare and let you know!

      Delete
  3. These are amazing! I need that purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue is incredible! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blue, even though it looks pretty common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a LOT of blues and I have yet to find one this rich and vibrant but if you know of a dupe please let me know!

      Delete
  6. I really think the blue one looks great on your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...