Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Black and White Nail of the Day featuring All That Glitters

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a lovely Wednesday.  It's rainy and dreary and humid in NYC today so I thought doing a black and white manicure would match the grey city on a day like this.  I have to warn you going into this that you will see my left hand, which doesn't happen very often, so please don't judge my poor broken ring finger nail on that hand!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  The glitters used in the manicure









There were a LOT of bubbles on this manicure and I'm not sure if it was from the glitter application or the fact that I probably need a new bottle of Seche Vite but sorry for the bubbles!  ANYWAY, For this manicure I started off by painting my left hand (minus the pointer finger) with Essie Blanc and my right hand (minus the pointer finger) with Finger Paints Black Expressionism.  The pointer fingers on each hand were done with the opposite color.  Then, I used All That Glitters Spotty Dottie Dark on the white polished nails and Spotty Dottie Light on the black polished nails and voila!  You have this manicure!  I absolutely loved how it came out but beware, these glitters are a bit of a pain to apply.  Definitely worth the final result in my opinion but I had to wrestle with getting the glitter out for quite awhile!

All That Glitters nail polish is sold on Etsy HERE for $8 a bottle.  I'm loving black and white glitters lately, both together and separate, and am really glad I have both of these!  Sure you have to fight with it a bit but the final result is pretty awesome!

What did you think of this manicure?

30 comments:

  1. Spotty Dotty really makes the black and white mani special looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? It just makes it a bit more interesting!

      Delete
  2. Spotty Dotty white is a current favorite of mine. Did you play with the bottle for a bit before using it? I don't shake it because if I do that to any polish I get bubbles so I just roll it around and put it upside down for a bit while my base color is drying and I have had no problem getting the glitters out. In fact I had to put some back because I got too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolling just wasn't doing it to get the glitters out, especially for the white unfortunately! I will have to come up with a new way to try it next time but glad that yours didn't give you trouble!

      Delete
  3. I love those spotty dotties :D they look super pretty togther! I'll have to get my hands on them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combination! There's something so fun and classic about a black and white mani. I may keep Spotty Dotty Dark JUST to recreate this mani, giving you credit of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely get them and send me the link if you do it! It's such a fun manicure! I left it on for 4 days!

      Delete
  5. really pretty and so versatile, did you try to use both on the same nail? (I guess it would be under another base)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them together yet but I plan to soon!

      Delete
  6. This looks so fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast, this is beautiful! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted something fun but elegant and this seemed to fit the bill!

      Delete
  8. The black glitter on white reminds me of dice, I bet it could make a fun accent nail in a Vegas themed mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I will keep it in mind for Cosmoprof this summer!

      Delete
  9. Love these glitters, and love that you kept it simple with basic black on white and white on black. It makes the glitter "pop" more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to really show the contrast so I thought keeping it simple rather than adding in more color was the way to go!

      Delete
  10. I'm repeating under my breath, "I do not need these...I do not need these..."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...