Tuesday, May 8, 2012

China Glaze Prismatic Chroma Glitters for Spring 2012 Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Sorry about the lack of a post yesterday but I had to get some dental work done!  Blech!  Anyway, today I have a post for you that I've been slacking on so it's late and you've already all seen these colors a million times but they are gorgeous so I'm making you see them again!  This Spring, China Glaze released a small 6 color collection of glitters.  But, these weren't just any glitters, some of these are duochromes, there are different sizes and different colors.  I've never seen a collection like this before so now, without further ado, on to the polish!





Above:  2 coats of China Glaze Full Spectrum

First up is Full Spectrum which is the pink polish in the bunch.  While the base color is mainly pink, as you can see in the macro shot there are slightly larger pieces of glitter in green, gold, blue, pink, purple, magenta and silver.  I tried to show the slight color shift that this has as well from pink to a bit of purple but it was hard to photograph.  Two coats had this opaque but it definitely needs a lot of top coat to be smooth!





Above:  2 coats of China Glaze Liquid Crystal

Ah how I love blue polishes!  Liquid Crystal is the blue of the bunch, with the main color being blue micro glitter and then packed with larger glitter in orange, green, gold, silver, pink, purple and probably other colors that my eyes aren't even picking up!  This shade also flashes from blue to purple and pink in certain lights and angles!  The shift in this one was much stronger.





Above:  2 coats of China Glaze Optical Illusion

I love Optical Illusion.  There, I said it!  Optical Illusion is a gorgeous aqua that flashes blue and purple in certain lights!  It's gorgeous!  The larger glitter on this one has pink, yellow, gold, orange, blue, green and is just stunning!





Above:  2 coats of China Glaze Polarized

Polarized has the least "wow" factor for me.  Polarized is silver micro glitter with blue, pink, orange, green and gold glitter mixed in but there is not even a hint of a duochrome shift so it's just a lot of glitter all in one.  Sure, it's fun, but this is not a must have for me.





Above:  2 coats of China Glaze Prism

Prism is another winner for me! Prism is a light purple that flashes to darker purple, darker blue and light blue.  Yay for duochromes!  There are also larger glitters in pink, orange, silver, blue, gold and green!  I love this one and can't wait to layer it over black to make the shifts more dramatic!





Above:  2 coats of China Glaze Ray-diant

I was really prepared to not like Ray-diant but I ended up loving it!  Ray-diant is a really cool olive green that goes into lighter green and gold!  There is glitter in green, orange, blue, pink, silver and gold scattered throughout and it's pretty awesome!

All in all, I really loved this collection!  The formulas were not the usual glitter formula, I was surprised with how easy they were to use and how they weren't goopy like many glitters can be.  The only issue for me is that if you want a smooth finish, you really need a top coat like Gelous or more than one layer of top coat by another brand, but once it's smooth, the result is really cool!  The really awesome thing about these glitters is that if you layer it over black, the duochrome effect comes out even more strongly!  These polishes are available now and I think it's worth it!  I love how unique they are (other than the fact that WnW duped 5 of them but they aren't as good in my opinion.)

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?

Some of the products in this post were sent by the manufacturer/PR company for my unbiased review.

21 comments:

  1. I like this collection very much but my nails are in bad condition at the moment. Glitter wouldn't make it any better :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beg to differ! Glitter makes everything better! :)

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous! I'll probably just get Optical Illusion, Prism, and Liquid Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of these in my wishlist to use sponged on the tips. I don't really like glitters as a full mani though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did a tutorial using Polarized sponged on the tips! I like these glitters for use in nail art, it's a more subtle way to wear glitter!

      Delete
  4. I got two from this collection in a recent secret swap but haven't used them yet! I think Optical Illusion is my favorite... that green is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't to impressed with the Press Release of this collection, but now that I have tried a few of them - I can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I wasn't loving them from the bottle pictures but on the nail they are gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. I like this, but I only purchased one of them, I don't find them different enough to buy all 6! Plus the Wet n Wild ones were cheaper even though they weren't totally dupes :) They really look good on you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the WnW as well and I'm planning a comparison post if I get the guts to swatch all that glitter again!

      Delete
  7. These are pretty! I have 3 of the Wet n Wild ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got 4 of these and I love them! They look really good as an accent nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do a manicure with one as an accent! Great idea!

      Delete
  9. I got the collectoin yesterday on the mail!! I tried the silver one and I really like it, I know it's not a duochrome, but it shows al the colors of the larger glitters. Now I'm wearing Ray-diant and it's very nice too! I started with the ones I thought I was going to like less... The finish kind of remind me of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream, which I love too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, you can definitely see all the larger glitters in the silver! And it's true, it is similar to Mermaid's Dream, I didn't even put that together!

      Delete
  10. I LOVE these! Definitely going on my wish list! Ray-diant is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stop it Carly! You're going to make me breakdown and get these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...