Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A-England The Legend Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you all are having a fabulous Wednesday!  Due to the day off on Monday, I'm so thrown off on what day of the week it is!  Today, I have an AMAZING collection to show you!  I had tried three A-England polishes from the Mythical Collection and fell in love with them so now that I had the chance to try the Legend Collection, I'm hooked!  While the Mythicals were based in Camelot stories I knew the tales but the legend of Saint George was new to me and I had to Wikipedia it!  I have 6 out of the 7 to show you today (I don't have Ascalon) but these are awesome!  Unfortunately since it's been rainy and grey every time I've had time to swatch, I can't show you these beauties in all their glory in the sun but they are still gorgeous!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




 Above:  2 coats of Bridal Veil
Above:  Macro Bottle Shot of Bridal Veil

First up is Bridal Veil, a gorgeous black polish that's packed with scattered holographic particles.  This was NOT easy to photograph and really convey the true gorgeousness.  The holo effect was fairly strong in this one, not quite like a linear holographic polish but fairly close!  This is a great "new" way to wear black since sometimes just a black creme can be severe.  The formula was excellent, it was practically a one coater!




 Above:  2 coats of Dragon
Above:  Macro Bottle Shot of Dragon

Dragon is the first polish from this collection that I bought!  Dragon is a gorgeous medium green that in the right lighting has flashes of bronze/gold to it!  I didn't even notice the slight duochrome until I had it on but it's stunning!  The holographic particles in Dragon have a bit of a blue tinge and it's just stunning in direct light!  The formula was excellent, practically a one coater but I used two for good measure.



 Above:  2 coats of Order of the Garter
Above:  Macro Bottle Shot of Order of the Garter

Order of the Garter is the only polish in this collection that does not have holographic particles in it which made me a bit sad because this polish would be STUNNING as a holo!  However it's a glass fleck so we'll let that slide.  Order of the Garter is a bright royal blue with lighter blue glass flecks that looks stunning on the nail.  My only complaint is that the formula was a lot more thin than every other A-England that I've tried and definitely needed two thicker coats to be opaque but it's still gorgeous!




 Above:  2 coats of Princess Sabra
Above:  Macro Bottle Shot of Princess Sabra

Now I was expecting this to be a brighter gold based on the other swatches I had seen but I actually liked it much better in person!  I found Princess Sabra to be a gorgeous light gold with flashes of olive green and a really strong holographic effect for being a scattered holo polish.  I love that this is subtle but still interesting, it's the perfect polish for when you need something demure but can't stand the thought of a boring nude!  The formula was fantastic, almost a one coater!



Above:  2 coats of Princess Tears

Princess Tears is one of those awesome shades where you can't tell if it's a grey or a light purple and it switches between them due to the holographic effect.  I'm in LOVE!  The holo effect on this one was amazing, it almost looks linear!  I absolutely adore how this looks on the nails.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and oh so very pretty!




 Above:  2 coats of Saint George
Above:  Macro Bottle Shot of Saint George

Saint George is the other polish I bought along with Dragon when this collection came out.  As many of you know, I love teal polish.  Teal HOLO polish and I was sold!  Saint George is such a rich and saturated teal, it's, dare I say, the perfect polish!  I'm seriously obsessed with it.  Best part about it?  Unlike many teals, NO STAINING!  Hallelujah A-England has perfected the art of a non staining teal!  The holo effect in this one was one of the weakest of the group but I don't care, it's still stunning!  And, this one was actually a one coater but I still did a second coat because I feel weird if I don't!

All in all, this is one amazing collection!  Holos, one coaters, vibrant shades and a bit of duochrome, what more could a girl ask for in her nail polish?  Now I need to go read the story of Saint George and the Dragon so I can know what all the polishes are named after!  A-England is available on their website or at websites like Llarowe and Ninja Polish.

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

Some of the products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

18 comments:

  1. I have Bridal Veil, Ascalon, Princess Tears and St. George. I definitely need Princess Sabra and Dragon and maybe Order of the Garter. I think I'll buy at least a couple next time I get paid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have them all and love them all! Order of the garter is my least favorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridal veil and princess tears are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So in love with Dragon and Saint George. What a gorgeous collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridal Veil, Dragon, Princess Sabra and Saint George are definitely on my wishlist. They are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so gorgeous! I don't own any A-England polishes yet but I'm loving Saint George

    ReplyDelete
  7. St George is my favorite polish ever! I too love teals and had to have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I super super wanted st. george when llarowe did the birthday coupon thing. by the time I got to shopping that, dragon and order of the garter were all out =/ Someday..

    These look so amazing, I'm definitely gonna grab some up when I can (hopefully soon!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...