Tuesday, May 29, 2012

LCN Colour Me Up Box Set for Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  As much as I enjoyed my 3 day weekend, it's great to be back!  Today I have a fabulous new summer collection for you from the brand LCN.  I had tried a couple of their magnetic polishes before but this is the first collection of their "normal" nail polish that I tried!  It's a really cute set (and I wish I took a picture of the packaging because it was adorable) and I'm excited to share it with you guys!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Colour Me Up

Colour Me Up is the polish that this collection is named after and the polish that's the "different" one in this group.  Colour Me Up is a deep purple that's packed with gold shimmer!  This color is on par with Zoya Neeka although the shimmer is more fine in Colour Me Up.  I love how the shimmer makes it look more glowy!  The shimmer shows up more in real life than it did in my pictures but it's really pretty and warm in person!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to use!




Above:  2 coats of Fanappleistic

Now that's a mouthful!  Fanappleistic is a gorgeous light green cream.  This reminds me of a non shimmery version of Zoya Apple!  I love the green apple shades because they actually look nice on my skin tone!  The formula on this was really great, very pigmented and opaque in 2 coats!




Above:  2 coats of Some Like It Hot

Some Like it Hot is sort of between a hot pink and a red.  I love it!  It's like a watermelon shade but even more vibrant!  This is such a great summer shade and I love how juicy it looks without being a jelly!  It's a fantastic pedicure color.  The formula on this was like the others, very pigmented and vibrant and opaque in 2 coats!




Above:  2 coats of Spice Up Your Life

For someone that used to hate orange nail polish, I've seriously done a 180 on it!  I LOVE orange!  Spice Up Your Life is a great orange because it's bright without being neon and it's red based so it's really juicy and vibrant looking.  I love how saturated this looks and how it really pops against my super pale skin!  The formula was great and opaque in two coats.

All in all, this was a great mini summer collection!  The colors are bright and fun for the summer time and I love polishes that have gold shimmer in them like Colour Me Up!  LCN polishes are available on their website and it's $29.90 for the collection or $7.50 for each bottle.  Each bottle is a mini size at only 8ml so keep that in mind!  If you want to see some super cute nail art that matches the packaging, check out Sarah from Chalkboard Nails post HERE!

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

11 comments:

  1. I'm partial to the purple one because I love gold shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are perfect summer colors! I especially like Some Like It Hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the green and I'm usually not a "green" person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty green and it's not too yellow which makes it amazing!

      Delete
  4. same as Jodi! that green is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these. They're really pretty. I've never heard of this brand before though. Thanks for introducing me to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these colors! They are close to being dupable but they all have a little something that makes them just different enough from other colors to make them unique. Yet another brand that I haven't tried yet. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...